Thursday, March 26, 2009

Day one, "X"

"X", Monday, March 23    25X18 cm


For a long time now I have been plotting to start daily painting. NOW seems like the right moment. This blog will display the sequence from now until....? 

I have been ruminating lately the similarity and contrast in the way I approach my meditative practices with those of my art-making. A quote from Shaun McNiff has inspired me to finally get this project rolling;

"Trusting the process and accessing the energies of creative movement is a discipline. I liken it to the practice of sitting meditation. It is not simply a matter of surrendering to the circumstances and external forces. The creative process requires the active participation of the artist over a period of time.  Just as the meditator practices staying with the object of meditation no matter what distractions arise, the artist learns how to stay connected to the image being constructed and the process of creation, assimilating whatever occurs into the creative act".  from: "Trust the Process: An Artist's Guide to Letting Go", Shambhala 1998

No comments:

Post a Comment