Sunday, May 9, 2010

I'm Learning How to Read Her

front
back

I'm Learning How to Read Her

from the Heart of the House series, 2010
3 - Panel piece total dimensions: 11.75 x 5.75 in. (30 X 15 cm)
mixed media collage and painting on wood.

This piece has taken quite a number of days to complete, so consider it a few dailies folded into one, intricate piece! it is also designed to have delicately carved wooden legs to stand on- but I need to resolve some technical difficulties first! I'll re-post it if I can overcome the small physics challenge involved! The silhouette is that of my daughter, Malena. Happy mother's day, everyone.

The last few days I have been contemplating a shift, at least temporarily, in the theme of the daily paintings to be posted here over the next month. Click here to read more.

2 comments:

  1. Love the house shapes of this piece. Best of luck with those technical difficulties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one immediately caught my attention on Facebook. Looking forward to seeing it completed.

    ReplyDelete