Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Catching up: New set of Dailies "Expert Mover"

Expert Mover, set of 8

8 X 16 inches ea. (20 X 40cm ea.) collage; mixed media

The above is a shot I took quickly at the recent exhibition in Palma.  Thanks, Xavi, for contributing your bilingual 'moving story', one that has piqued a lot of interest.

I created this series as Dailies following the set of 8 Home Sweet Home pieces in the previous posts. I am again reminded how great and challenging Daily Painting can be. The process of creating the last 8, called Home Sweet Home, was torture! I let my 'rules' for dailies slip and started to over-labor them. I quickly adjusted this by continuing the following week (plus one day) with Expert Mover, again limiting materials and time and no re-working allowed. Oh well, it's all part of the discovery process.

2 comments:

  1. These are really beautiful and I love the moving story text that binds them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laurie, for allowing me to participate in this new step to your great success. Can you smell it? It is right there, in front of you! Congratulations... Xavi

    ReplyDelete